We are located on the Reykjanes peninsula on the South-West side of the island. The house is on a large ocean front property. Extremely well situated in a very quiet area with an outstanding ocean and mountain view, and a private beach.
We are close to all major attractions such as:
- Blue Lagoon is 15 minutes away. http://www.bluelagoon.com/
- The capital Reykjavik is 30 minutes away (downtown) with restaurants, museums etc. http://www.visitreykjavik.is/
- Whale watching is 30 minutes away.
- The International Airport is 20 minutes away.
- There is a golf course only 1 mile away.
- A small town Vogar is 4 minutes away with a restaurant, grocery store, and a fitness center with a swimming pool and hot tubs.
This is a great place to do some hiking in beautiful lava fields nearby. Stay on the private beach, and enjoy the quietness of the countryside. Day trips to Thingvellir National Park, Geysir and Gullfoss are easy from the house, as well as the South Coast with Eyjafjallajökull, waterfalls, and the black beach at Vík.
If you love birds, this is the right place. This is a fabulous bird-watching area.
During the winter season we often see the Northern Lights from the house. The house is in a geographical area that has very favorable conditions for viewing the Northern Lights. It lies in a secluded, countryside area without external lighting.
A truly magnificent place.
Ext: 354-8520285 or 354-8976424
GPS coordinates: 64° 0,473′N, 22° 20,093′W (ISN93: 336.929, 393.700)